Over in Poland January 21st is Grandmother’s Day and January 22nd is Grandfather’s Day. They’re days when families celebrate with visits, cakes, cards and generally make a fuss of their grandparents. So this got us thinking about the wonderful things we get from our grandparents like love, hugs, smiles and that all-time grandparent favourite – advice.
Here’s a short list of some of the advice that the people at Azimo have got from their grandparents over the years:
1. When you can’t hear your violin in the orchestra, you must leave.
2. Never run after men and busses – another one always comes along.
3. Always sniff leather bags and shoes before buying them, it’s the only way to tell if
4. Never walk under a ladder, never put up an umbrella indoors, never bring peacock
feathers into the house.
5. The Devil knows more because he’s old, not because he’s the devil.
And this last one’s not really advice, more of a question.
6. When are you going to get married?
So do you have any words of wisdom from your grandparents that you can add to our list?