1. What’s up with the taps?
2. The lack of electrical outlets in the bathroom
3. Oh and carpets in the bathrooms? Really?
4. And why don’t British people take their shoes off in the house?
5. Why have switches on plug sockets?
6. It terrifies us that British pedestrians just nip across roads and don’t use the crossing
7. British people never dress right for the weather
8. And if our mother sees a photo of Prince George she’ll be…
9. But one of the biggest learning steps is understanding when a British person means “no”
10. And British people apologising ALL THE TIME
We learnt (after much confusion) that “I’m sorry” often means they’re being sympathetic.
11. But we’ll never stop being amused by the quirky British phrases
12. And going to a British supermarket for the first time is unexpectedly hilarious
13. And the pubs are great
You’ll know you’re a true Brit when you can spot a ‘spoons by the smell.
14. And the chip butties…
Come on, British people, eat some salad.
15. But we confess… the puddings are lip-smackingly awesome
16. But we’re also delighted that we can get all the Polish food in the UK
Polish bread, sour rye soup – it’s all there. We’re so proud of the success of Polish people in the UK – all 800,000 of them. There’s so many Polski shops and businesses that some call areas like Hammersmith Little Poland.
17. And we’ve learnt that British and Polish people have much in common
There’s a reason over 800,000 Poles have come to the UK and it’s not just that we all learn English at school. There’s something special in this country that we want to stay. We don’t want to leave….